Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Degenhard Family

Over the summer, I was privileged to spend a few hours in the company of an incredible family.  Before even meeting them, I knew that this family session would be unlike any other.  Through my email correspondence with  Jason, it was immediately evident that this father loved and protected his family with tenderness and fierce dedication.

The Degenhards gathered together in a beautiful mountain home to celebrate the birth of their newest family member, Nico, and to enjoy vacation and relaxation time together.  They spent time hiking, exploring, and even sky diving.  They also spent time remembering the life of Sonny, who was taken from this world way too soon.

In his inquiry letter to me, Jason expressed his hopes for our session:

"My emphasis is on family pictures as a whole. Our son was killed 2 years ago and we never did a family picture with him, and I told myself that would not happen again."

 The Degenhards lost Sonny in every parents' worst nightmare several years ago.  They have met that tragedy with grace and resilience, and hope to share his story in order to prevent any more losses. Here is a link to their story: Parents Want Justice for Baby Sonny

I so deeply admire their strength and love for one another and their sacrificial service to our country. I'm grateful for the chance to meet them and witness their love.

















No comments:

Post a Comment